The past two weekends I’ve been celebrating my Bachelorette. After being engaged, I think having a bachelorette party is probably the 2nd more important wedding event. Weekend one was in Atlantic City with my bridesmaids. I celebrated at Harrah’s and The Pool in a cream colored bandage dress. I think the look was bridal enough, and of course a veil was a necessary accessory
Weekend Two I was in Vegas with my college roomies. We celebrated at Aria, and my favorite number of the weekend was my gold and black BCBG bandage.
So much fun I’m ready to celebrate my Bachelorette every weekend.
This weekend I had my surprise Bridal Shower. I thought I was going out to an event, which turned out to be my own Bridal Shower. Had such a fabulous time with my friends and family. I loved the party favors for everyone, the chocolates and the cookies were so cute. My outfit of the day wound up being something blue, a blue lace number with cream heels. Now back to unpacking more gifts…
Lately i’ve been seeing lots of accessories with clear details. It reminds me of when I was younger and thought I was pretty cool wearing clear jelly sandals. While those won’t be coming back in style, I do love clear details in shoes or handbags especially. Style Tip: clear DETAILS are the key, not ALL clear. An all clear shoe is not exactly the best look.
I know it’s only February still, but I’m ready to bring out the Spring wardrobe. I’ve over dark weather and ready for fun bring spring colors. Lace, florals, neons, and black&white shorts are my favorite.
Yes, it’s thats time of year again…Valentines Day. This is usually everyones favorite day of the year, or least favorite day of the year. In case you need a fabulous outfit for your V day date night, I wanted to post some inspiration. Anything red or pink is essential, and why not add some heart accessories. Some of my favorites are below.
After this past week, my winter plan is staying in till March or April. But incase I have to venture out I wanted to post some winter wear. I would wear accessories with embellishments to keep the look more interesting. Winter white is a personal favorite of mine, and will work with anything. My picks are below.
Who says that black and white needs to be boring? I know that I dislike not being able to wear white when the summer is over, so bringing it back in the winter with black accents is always fun. I think all black and white outfits are fabulous, and add a pop of color in your accessories. I would add a red bag, lipstick and nail polish. Some more of my black and white picks are below.
New Years Eve used to be a time for really horrible outfits. For some reason, I felt it was a good time to wear something completely ridiculous. Now- it’s my favorite day for something classy and sequined, this was my pick for the night. I found this number at Zara- my new office for work is a block away from Zara. This may or may not have been some lunchtime shopping. Regardless, looking forward to fabulous and fashionable 2013.
Forget ugly sweater Christmas style, the holidays are always my favorite time of the year for fashion. If it doesn’t have sequins, you shouldn’t be interested. This is a time of year to be bold and bright! Silver and Gold are my holiday go-to’s. A shimmery white, can also be a great winter-white look. Don’t forget your bold accessories, chandelier earrings or some statement heels- and you are ready for all those parties.
No, I wouldn’t wear any of these dresses as actual wedding dresses, but they are great picks for wedding-related events. Bachelorette party, bridal shower, I am going to need tons of bridal looking cocktail dresses, and wanted to put some inspiration for other brides-to-be. With 5 months left till my wedding, I wanted to post the best and worst parts of being engaged.
- Wedding Habits are Slightly Less Creepy: Watching a 5 hour marathon of ‘say yes to the dress’ is something I would do normally- however being engaged makes this a slightly less psychotic. Also- now my wedding Pinterest board can be for a wedding that will actually happen- rather than a non-existent imaginary one.
- Making a Registry: This is the adult equivalent of making a list for Santa. After childhood, there are really few occasions where it’s acceptable to make lists of things you want. If only I could register at Hermes….
- Narcissism is Acceptable: Normally this would be frowned upon, unless you are a bride, then it’s completely standard. You get to tell people what to wear, and throw tantrums over floral arrangements.
- Comedic Value: Going from college, a land where a male’s idea of romance involves a DMX playlist, to looking for a white dress and picking out silverwear is fairly hilarious. It’s life’s idea of a joke.
- Facebook Pay-Back: You can post a wedding related facebook status every 2 seconds. “23402340 days till my wedding.. 54544 days till my wedding… wedding dress shopping”. This is called payback for everyone who likes to post pictures of every thing their child does, OR to people who talk too much about politics or sports.
- 50 Questions: The second you get engaged people immediately have 50 questions. When are you getting married? Where are you getting married? What is your theme? What colors will the bridesmaids wear? I should have held a press conference for people.
- 1-800-WHO CARES: A wedding sounds all fun and awesome and cupcakes and sunshine until you realize you actually have to PLAN it and a million small details. I spent 2 hours in papyrus picking out FONTS and TYPES OF PAPER. Really.. .I don’t care. Details are not my forte.
- Getting Fired: Planning is actually a full time job. So, you are either going to get fired from your actual job because your boss catches you on wedding websites all day OR you are never going to plan your wedding. For me, I didn’t plan a wedding. I’m way behind on pretty much every little thing I was supposed to do already.
- No Groom at your Wedding: Really, men don’t care about invitations and color scheme of the bridal party. There’s a good chance that by the time your wedding comes, you will have annoyed him enough to change his mind. Your ring will be pawned off for whatever its worth in beer and electronics.
- Haters: There are few things that bring out haters like an upcoming wedding. Some people find out about an engagement and say “congratulations” ….Others think this is an appropriate time to tell you why they hate you. Good part is… I’m self absorbed enough not to care. ….take a number.
Back on my fashion related note, some more of my fav dresses and accessories are below.